This is another of the balancing asanas.The focus required to perform such asanas with steadiness develops concentration and balance at the emotional, mental and psychic levels. It also removes stress and anxiety.
Getting into the posture:
1. Stand relaxed with the feet together.
2.Inhale and raise you arms directly above the head.
3. Interlock the fingers with palms together.
4. Now exhale and slowly bend forward from the hips. Make sure your upper body, head and arms are in a straight line.
5. Transfer the weight on the right leg simultaneously raising the left leg straight back, keeping in line with the trunk.
6. The body should pivot from the right hip joint. this is the final position. The left leg, trunk, head and arms, all should be in one straight and horizontal line. The right leg should be straight and vertical.
7. Focus your gaze on the hands.
Hold this position as long as possible. Then repeat with the other leg.
Strengthens the arms, wrists, back, hips and leg muscles.
Helps in developing muscular coordination, nervous balance and concentration.